Benefits of Chocolate
During perimenopause, chocolate can be a delightful and beneficial addition to your diet. But it’s crucial to consume chocolate in moderation and to pick a premium dark chocolate with little to no added sugar.
Numerous substances found in chocolate have been shown to reduce various perimenopause symptoms. For example, cocoa substances can help lower inflammation and enhance cardiovascular health. Tryptophan, an amino acid found in chocolate, can raise serotonin levels in the brain and elevate mood. The caffeine in chocolate can help fight exhaustion and offer a natural energy boost.
Additionally, chocolate can assist in controlling blood sugar levels, which is crucial during perimenopause. Changes in hormone levels can result in insulin resistance, which raises blood sugar levels and raises the risk of type 2 diabetes. Chocolate contains antioxidants that can help avoid insulin resistance and support normal blood sugar levels.
3 – Ingredient Cacao Bites (Vegan)
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao
- Place the walnuts in a food processor or a powerful blender (food processors work better) and blend until they have a crumbly texture.
- Add the dates and the cacao and blend again.
- Make balls with your hands and they’re ready to serve.
- You can store the bites in a sealed container at room temperature, although I prefer to keep them in the fridge, especially in summer.
Did you try this recipe? Let us know how it went and share pictures with the community.